Democracy Watch is leading the way in challenging Doug Ford’s many undemocratic, unethical actions – from threatening to violate Charter rights again and again to using public money for propaganda to handing government jobs to his crony friends.
Please help by making your donation now to the Stop Ford Fund, and by Sharing and Tweeting this page.
Since the Conservatives won the Ontario election in June 2018, Premier Doug Ford has done many things that even many Conservatives are concerned about – and that have to be stopped to ensure a democratic, ethical Ontario government.
Once again, as it has for 25 years, challenging the federal government, and challenging governments across Canada, Democracy Watch is leading the way in challenging Premier Ford’s undemocratic, unethical actions.
See the list below of the complaints and petitions Democracy Watch has already filed challenging Premier Ford and his friends.
Democracy Watch will continue to file complaints, and challenge any bad rulings in court.
We need your help to pay the costs for pursuing these complaints and lawsuits to ensure key democratic, ethical government rules are strictly and strongly enforced – please donate now and Share and Tweet this page to spread the word to anyone you think may be interested in supporting these complaints and lawsuits.
Thank you for your support,
Duff, Josephine, Brad
and the entire Democracy Watch team
Your support is needed for the following Stop Ford complaints and petitions:
- Complaint to Elections Ontario about Ontario Proud’s election ads not identifying that they were 90% paid for by development and construction companies
- Complaint challenging Premier Ford’s appointment of one of his top election campaign advisers to a plum job in Washington, and increasing his pay by $75,000;
- Complaint challenging Premier Ford’s appointment of his old friend Ron Taverner as Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Commissioner (the first complaint filed about the appointment);
- Complaint calling on Ontario’s Integrity Commissioner to disclose Premier Ford’s and his Cabinet ministers’ business interests, and restrict him and them from doing anything to help themselves, their families, their friends or clients of their businesses;
- Complaint about Ford Conservatives using public’s money to produce fake news propaganda videos;
- Petition that more than 30,000 Ontarians have signed calling on Premier Ford not to violate Charter rights, and;
- Complaint filed challenging oil and gas industry ads that supported Ford’s election in violation of restrictions on interest group election ads.