Democracy Watch has 3 ongoing court cases against former federal Ethics Commissioner Mary Dawson and Lobbying Commissioner Karen Shepherd -- all 3 cases challenge rulings they made that create huge loopholes in federal ethics and lobbying rules.
Democracy Watch has also filed 2 other court cases challenging the appointment of new Ethics Commissioner Mario Dion, and new Lobbying Commissioner Nancy Bélanger -- both were handpicked by the Trudeau Cabinet at the same time the commissioners were investigating situations involving Trudeau and other Cabinet ministers.
During their time in office from 2007 to the end of 2017, both Ethics Commissioner Mary Dawson and Lobbying Commissioner Karen Shepherd let more than 80% of people who have violated the rules off the hook. Their dangerously weak enforcement let hundreds of federal politicians, government officials, and lobbyists get away with violating federal laws. You can also help call for an audit of both commissioner's weak enforcement records by clicking here.
Your support is needed for the following 5 cases:
- challenging former Ethics Commissioner Mary Dawson's illegal “smokescreens" that allow Cabinet ministers and government officials to hide conflicts of interest, and;
- challenging former Ethics Commissioner Mary Dawson's ruling that Finance Minister Morneau didn't have to sell his millions of shares in his family's company
- challenging former Lobbying Commissioner Karen Shepherd's ruling that the Aga Khan is not covered by the Lobbyists' Code of Conduct and, as a result, his Bahamas trip gift to Prime Minister Trudeau was legal
- challenging the appointment of new Ethics Commissioner Mario Dion because Trudeau Cabinet ministers were in a conflict of interest when they made the appointment
- challenging the appointment of new Lobbying Commissioner Nancy Bélanger because Trudeau Cabinet ministers were in a conflict of interest when they made the appointment
We need your help to pay the costs for all of these lawsuits – please donate now and Share and Tweet this page to spread the word to anyone you think may be interested in supporting these lawsuits.
Thank you for your support,
Duff, Josephine, Brad
and the entire Democracy Watch team
Latest News About the Cases
News Release -- Democracy Watch launches court case challenging Ethics Commissioner’s unethical conflict of interest scheme for Federal Minister Dominic LeBlanc that allows him to hide whether and when he is making decisions that affect J.D. Irving’s interests